Can I continue on in post-secondary studies with a GED diploma?

The GED diploma is considered a high school equivalency. Entry requirements into post-secondary programs will specify if a high school equivalency satisfies the requirement. In general, most trades and 1-2 year college programs will accept a GED diploma to satisfy the entry requirement. It is always best to contact the post-secondary institution to which you are applying to confirm if GED is accepted.